Thursday, March 1, 2018

Princess Saffron and the Queendom of Satsuma, 36"w x 36"h

Princess Saffron and the Queendom of Satsuma, 36" x 36", acrylic & mixed media on canvas, Andrew Portwood copyright 2018
Having fun making up stories around paintings, without going into a story with beginning, middle and end. The viewer, I suppose can follow a storyline of their own. I am tempted though...to make this into a book.
  I am going to. I just made up my mind to...a challenge to myself.
While here now in New Orleans...I am surrounded by beautiful architecture, traditions and culture from so many sources...Caribbean, African, French, Spanish, English and American. 300 years of history felt and seen in Nola....It is very easy to engage with all of this flavor and conjure up or brew up an interesting Soup. Stories fall out of the sky and hit you on the head every day.